Apologies for the delay since the last post, we have been quite busy. We now have the upper story panels pretty much complete and the roof starts next week.
We did have a few hassles with concrete which put us back a week or so and we had to organize to get a concrete saw to cut through an air conditioning penetration that was concreted over courtesy of a form work faux pas, this and a few other delays with Easter thrown in the mix delayed us a little bit but we are now back on track.
Our sea container of windows arrived today, we decided to go with double glazing to help maintain the energy efficiency of the build. We did have a couple of casualties though with the top section of our french doors being bent from being packed incorrectly in Thailand but the window company have been great and have already organizing for the damaged sections to be replaced. We are very excited by them, I’ll post some photos when they are in.
We had a Architectural students come through the build also and were really interested in seeing the alternative building material and how it is constructed.
The roof starts next week, all things going well so we will have more photos then, we are close to lock up sometime in the next few weeks (hopefully before the rain sets in) and then the fun really starts.
Below is the view from our upstairs sitting room, these will have bi-fold mid sections so you open up the room. I couldn’t find a photo of exactly the type of windows as these are custom made but if you look at the photo of the finished room under this one you will get an idea of the style of windows and look of the room we are going for.
The second lot of photos below is the ensuite window opening, its hard to see what type look we are going for from the stage the build is at the moment but the idea picture under it gives you more of an idea.